IPR Marketplace is an initiative driven by the Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia (MyIPO) as mandated by the Government to bring together and connect individuals, investors and businesses in the commercialisation and trading of Intellectual Property (IP) Rights.
This IPR Marketplace portal provides informative and educational tools and resources to conduct IP commercialisation and trading on a global market platform, as well as an avenue to list IP Rights such as patents, trade mark and copyrights from various industry sectors, applications and technologies available for sale or licensing. The aim and objective of this portal is to facilitate and nurture a vibrant marketplace for the IP community to maximise and monetise their IP assets.
How can IP Owner benefit:
- Free listing of your patents, trademarks, copyrights and industrial designs for out-licensing or for sale.
- Free Listing of IP wanted either for acquisition or for licensing.
- Access to other global marketplace platform for international coverage and exposure.
- Get connected to a network of IP community, investors and businesses looking into IP commercialisation.
- Periodic platform for knowledge sharing, events and seminars on IP rights.
Before signing up and submitting the IP for listing, please go through the checklist below:
- Your IP is registered with MyIPO.
- You are the rightful assignee or owner of the IP.
- You have thought through how you wish to trade your IP, either by licensing the rights or by divesting the IP.
- You have consulted and sought professional advice on determining the commercial licensing terms or selling price of your IP.
Types of IP for listing in the Portal:
- Literary work
- Software and computer programme
- Other contents
- Colour mark
- Industrial design
- Product design
- Aesthetic feature
Intellectual Property Corporation of Malaysia (MyIPO) an agency under the purview of the Ministry of Domestic Trade, Co-operatives and Cost of living (KPDN) is responsible for the development and administration of intellectual property rights (IPR) system in Malaysia. Its task is to provide strong legal infrastructure and an effective administrative regime to enhance greater creativity and exploitation of IP. To learn more, please visit www.myipo.gov.my